Stay tuned for:

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Welcome to the world of blog.

Well, this is my first blog attempt, so bear with me! I got the bright idea to start this blog so that those of you who want to can keep up with our lives.  It's also kind of like a journal that we can look back on in the future to remember our early years together.  (wah, wah, wah....)

So...I guess it's important to know that we both graduated from Lee in Dec. '07 and are now studying online through Liberty University.  I (Elisabeth) am getting my Master of Arts in Teaching, specializing in Secondary Education so that I can teach Spanish (my undergrad degree).  Aaron is getting his Master of Religion in Church Ministries.  We love to work with youth and that is our goal for the future.  Grad school is hard...sometimes I wonder why I let Aaron talk me into it ;)  But, I know that it will pay off soon; we should both be finished by next May.  So, until then, we are broke...but happy!  We still live in Cleveland and attend the Church at Grace Point, spending most of our time there with the awesome students :)

Sometimes we wonder when the next chapter of our lives will start.  It's hard to be patient and wait on the Lord, but He promises that He has a plan for us that will prosper and not harm us.  I am so blessed to be married to a man who is definitely my spiritual leader.  Aaron is such a strong man of God that it humbles me at times.  He is going to do great things, and he will give God all the glory for it....which is rare among men in ministry these days.  I could go on and on...but I don't want him to blush when he reads this, so I'll stop ;)

Another important thing in our life is that we bought a Shih Tzu puppy and named him Yoda.  (Master Yoda, he is a Jedi warrior.) He brings us lots of joy, giving us breaks from the monotony of online graduate education.  We've had him for about 1 month now, and he's already grown so much! We feel like such proud parents!!! I'll post some of his new haircut pics if I can figure out how.

Well...I guess that wraps up the foundational blog.  I will try to be consistent in updating when things happen that are of entertainment value.  Until next time, have a great 4th of July weekend and comment to us if you get a chance!

"Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ" ROM 1:7

No comments: