Stay tuned for:

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

guilt trips

So, we have a dog, Yoda, shih-tzu, 2.5 years old. He is like a child to me, I wouldn't give him up for anything. However, sometimes he does things that are so annoying and I never would have guessed that the reason for his paper-eating, panty-snatching, and annoying barking at the most inappropriate times was a lack of exercise?! Are you kidding me!?

We spent some time with the Barnett family last night (what a cool family, btw!) and Patti was telling me about a possible reason for the things I was describing to her. She said that dogs have this pent up energy that has to be worked off. If it's not, then they seek out these attention-seeking, nervous habits like the ones I was describing and that it could possibly be MY fault that he's doing these things. Whoa.

So, instead of being all sad and pity party-ish, I decided to give it a try. Here's to a 2 week session of run-Yoda-til-he-can't-breathe and hope that these little annoyances stop. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: