Stay tuned for:

Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunday Craft Day!

I spent a lot of time on Sunday getting started (and finishing) some ideas that I had in mind for Aubrey's room. Once we decided on the bedding, my creative juices started flowing! The bedding we chose is called "Poppy" from a designer - Cotton Tale. They sell it at Babies-R-Us. Here is a photo with a black crib, we'll be using a white one:
When I got started looking, I noticed that the canvases in the 3 piece wall art look very simple to make! So, I have all the supplies and have started this project, but not finished quite yet. I want to take my time so that they look professionally done, not rushed through. More pics to come of that later. Here are all my supplies that I started with:
Hobby Lobby was out of the letter "y," but convinced me that they would be getting more in this Thursday. Another project I wanted to do was a homemade hairbow holder. I started with a wood plaque, paint, and ribbon, and here's the final project. I really hope the colors match up:

Lastly, I decided to leave the letters white, with her room being painted green (we are thinking). So, I'm adding ribbon and flowers, which takes a little longer than I had imagined. So here's the letter A that I've gotten done so far:

Wonder what I'll come up with next?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl, you are just too creative! Aubrey's room is going to be adorable! Want to come make some stuff for Claire's nursery?? :)