Stay tuned for:

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Starting a new blog, yo!

Hi everyone! Im turning over a new leaf, I'm going out on a limb, I'm....fresh out of tree references :) But really, I decided I wanted to start writing a blog to incorporate all of the things I am newly (and some not so newly) interested in. Like...saving money, DIY-ing, couponing, making beautiful meals (and knowing what I'm going to make ahead of time!), etc. etc. etc. I am so excited about this venture to put myself and my ideas out there. I hope you'll join me. You can find the line-up of what I'll be talking about weekly on the right hand side of the blog. I realllllly hope to get around to writing each day; I have no doubt that I'll be able to come up with stuff to write about :)

So to get started, it's Tuesday. But I do want to go back and hit my Menu for the week (since I didn't do it yesterday). Do you plan your meals? I do. #1 I like to be able to make a list to take to the grocery store and have everything I need for the week. I don't stress out if one of us has to go back once or twice for something...but for the most part, I usually get everything in one swoop. #2 I like to save money. If I know what's on my list, I know what coupons to bring and I have a much easier time comparing brands. Plus, I don't put as many things in my cart that I didn't plan on buying! (Random side note: I feel very accomplished if I make it through HEB from one side to the other, getting everything I need without having to backtrack. I digress).






So here's what we've had/we're having:
Monday: BBQ Grill Pizza and salad. This is a Pampered Chef recipe.It was delish.
Tuesday: the plan was for Cuban Chicken Paninis (also PC) but we went with the HS kids from church to Sonic
Wednesday: Grilled meatloaf with bacon, broccoli
Thursday: Sweet and sour shrimp (deep covered baker recipe, I'm so excited to try it!)
Friday: (I'm going shopping, yay!) Hamburger steak with rice, gravy, butterbeans
Saturday: Bacon and eggs with pancakes for breakfast; Leftovers
Sunday: OUT :)

Aaron and I bought a relatively small deep freezer about 2 months ago so I buy meat when it's on sale and we can stock up. It's fun! But, more than that, this grocery trip I only had to buy meat for one dish: the shrimp. THAT was fun, for me and my wallet.

And, finally, it's HOW-TUE-SDAY! (GET IT?)
A tutorial on getting organized to keep your house clean. Don't stop reading! I know cleaning sucks. I mean, I might know 2 people that actually LIKE to clean. But, I have found that if I only have to do a little bit each day, it's not as bad. So, I found a list I liked on pinterest and tweaked it a little to fit my home and schedule. I'll admit, sometimes I do Monday's and Tuesday's work both on Tuesday (gasp!) and I don't do the swing day bc we're busy and I have a life. Notice that there are things that should be done everyday. I hope you've already figured this out in your house! :) Then, there are once a week chores organized by which day you do them. Finally, there's a swing chore done on 1 Friday per month, for things that only need to be done once per month, like cleaning ceiling fans, cleaning out closets/drawers, etc.  Here's a pic of the one I keep on my fridge. Want to know a secret? Once I put this up and my husband saw his name beside a chore, he actually started doing it! It was all a part of my sneaky little plan....

Ha. Just kidding.

Ok I'm going to stop for today, but you must know that I already have a GREAT question in mind for tomorrow's weigh-in on Wednesday. Don't worry, we're only going to ask you to tell us your opinion :) If you have friends that you think will enjoy the info on my blog, PLEASE share!

No comments: