Stay tuned for:

Monday, January 10, 2011

First post from the 3 of us!

The word is mostly out...but in case you haven't heard, Aaron and I are expecting our first baby. I am about 9 1/2 weeks now...which makes baby's arrival date on or around August 11, 2011. Recently, I have started to get really excited at the thought of having a child - and seeing the best parts of Aaron and the best parts of me in another human being. Wonder what he/she will look like? If we'll ever agree on a name? Ahh...I know we have time, but the planner in me can't help but want things, well, planned out already!

Maybe you didn't catch that, but it's only recently that I'm getting excited. Up to this point, I have been mostly nervous and scared, thinking, "What did we do?" It's no secret - I am a person who likes my sleep. There aren't many nights that I make it past 10:00 (Aaron would say 9:00). :) And...with our recent move to La Vernia, TX to be student pastors here, we are the farthest from our families that we've ever been. That's a scary thought! No Help! Don't get me wrong, I fully expect for our church family to step in where they can to help us and be our "family" away from family. But, you know what I mean. Sometimes, and, I suspect, in this situation, it may not seem like an equal substitution.

Normally, I would let myself become worried by all these things floating around in my head (am I eating too many crackers?, getting enough protein/calcium/vitaminC/etc.? is it ok to have a littttle bit of caffeine when my head wants to explode?, yada yada yada.) But, I really have been trying to rest back on the power of prayer. I have to make myself, I won't lie. It's easier sometimes in human weakness to spend more time thinking and less time praying. But, I want God's plan for this baby, my life after baby, etc. My biggest prayer request right now, other than a healthy baby, is for God to show us a way that I can work from home. For all of you who know: I have a Master's degree to teach which is realllly what I want to do with my life. But, I would really enjoy the time to be at home just for the first year or 2 with my baby. And then go back to work. See, it all makes perfect sense to me, but what is God's plan? You can join me in asking Him, if you'd like :)

I guess that is enough for now. My intentions are to update regularly with new pictures of the "belly" as I continue to grow. I will do my best!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Glad you are back in the blogging world!Good talking to you today! Love you and praying for you!