Stay tuned for:

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just a couple of things I've noticed...

Pregnancy is a totally new experience. Things happen all the time that completely catch me off guard. I often say to myself or Aaron, "What's wrong with me?" And...he always politely reminds me...."You're pregnant!" Duh. A couple of examples:

1. At week 13 and 4 days :) , the nausea/aversion to foods is still not gone. Thursday night, we cooked a wonderful (looking) dinner of cheeseburgers, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli. It all smelled marvelous, but when it was time to sit down and bite, I couldn't do it. The banana milkshake i was thinking of from Sonic, however, sounded (and tasted) good. I figured some calories were better than no calories.

2. I am starting to have trouble sleeping. My sides cramp up when I lay on them for a substantial amount of time. My back and neck cramp up when I lay on my back for a while. Stomach is off limits. How to be comfortable?

3. It is INCREDIBLY hard to find cute maternity clothes. The pants I have bought should last me awhile. I am not so concerned about those being "cute." However, tops? Ridiculous. I am going to wear my regular clothes as long as I can and then pray that the designers of maternity tops and dresses come to their senses. Meanwhile should anyone have clothing they would like to donate, I would greatly appreciate it. (That was the other huge issue: the cute stuff was outrageously priced!)

4. Without being completely inappropriate and providing TMI, there are "other things" that we are finding difficult as well. I mean, when this belly gets much bigger, as it will, I don't see how we are going to do "certain things." Ok...I'm stopping right there.

5. I forgot the 5th thing I was going to rant about. Maybe I should mention pregnancy brain and forgetfulness.

And I know I've mentioned a lot of negative things here. One great thing is that I have started having a bit more energy and have gotten out and walked a few days. Another thing is that I have started telling myself everyday that at the end of all this, I am going to have a little, precious mixture of Aaron and me to hold and raise and teach about Jesus. I say everyday "I'm going to have a baby" and I've started to believe and understand it. It's pretty cool and definitely trumps 1-5 :)

I'll try to post a pic later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

#2: totally know what you mean. I don't like sleeping on my sides have backaches in the morning when I wake up. About sleeping on your stomach...I've heard it is ok as long as it is comfortable to you and that by the time it would not be good for the baby, it would not feel good anyway. I mainly try to stay on my sides though

#4: Ditto

Laura said...

Clothes...I find them where I can. Today, found a really cute shirt at Sears for 7 bucks. Also, longer styles in regular sizes work, too, and are sometimes WAY cuter. GAP maternity is my friend, and sales are pretty good. If you would have only waited another year, I could have shipped you boxes. Silly friend. :) (kidding)