Stay tuned for:

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How-Tue-sday

Ok, I do not claim to be an expert at ANYTHING by any means. I find ideas here and there, try them out, and some work, some don't. I saw this pin on pinterest (yes, I am on Pinterest. And, no, I don't do most of the stuff I pin. But this one I did).




I have never been good at hanging things like shelves, art, frames, etc. on the wall. I saw this and thought, why couldn't I do that to line up the holes on the back of a frame for hanging. And, actually, I didn't have a photocopier handy, so I made a rubbing. I held up a piece of paper to the back of a cube shelf I wanted to hang, used the side of a pencil (not the lead) and rubbed the paper over the holes to create an image on the paper. Then, I used a level and made marks with my drill using the paper up against the wall. Then, I put screws in and it actually worked! I wish I had documented it along the way with pictures so you could actually see what I mean by all this jibberish. But, hey, I'm new to this blog -everyday-kind-of thing. Here's the finished product at least and a pic of the rubbing I did on the paper to use.


No comments: