Stay tuned for:

Monday, July 2, 2012

Inspiration for Sunday

My pastor said something yesterday that just reallly got me thinking. It was about compassion in relation to the legislature that was passed recently.

"Is it compassion to make someone do something they don't want to do in order to meet a need?" NO
"Is it compassion to see a need and meet it because you know in your heart it's what God calls you to do?" YES

I agree, but before this turns into a political post (which you'll most likely never get from me!) I have to ask a few questions myself, just for inspiration to get YOU thinking.

As a believer, do you believe that the money you earn for working is actually God's? He's just loaning it to you and asking for a small percentage back, but it's really HIS.

As a believer, do you believe that you are better than someone else? Do you believe you deserve better opportunities, benefits, more money, etc.?

I'm not making comments on whether you work for your money and the next person doesn't. These are just fundamental questions that I believe my faith is founded on and just hope to get you thinking about compassion and how it is in most ways contrary to the American Dream.

No comments: