Stay tuned for:

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Weigh-in on another controversial topic!

I got an e-mail from Heidi...you know, the lady that writes all the columns on Whattoexpect.com.  It was about spanking. So, I thought, this is the perfect topic for weigh-in Wednesday. I know that times are a-changin' and this is becoming even more debated now than ever. My generation grew up being spanked - with the belt, even - and it was socially acceptable in the 90s-ish. Now, if you were to spank your child in public, you'd probably get a knock on your door from CPS.

Here's the article if you're interested in reading it: spanking

I'm on the fence here, since spanking was the way I was disciplined, but I'm feeling a bit nervous about all of the research and findings. I agree with her perspective on giving a quick/firm/not incredibly violent smack when your child is on the verge of extreme danger (e.g. running out into the road, continuing toward a hot stove, etc.).

Can't wait to hear what you all think :)

P.S. I'm so sad. I just realized that I didn't take a single picture yesterday. Sigh.

1 comment:

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey