Stay tuned for:

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Artsy Craftsy







It is getting harder and harder to find substitute jobs...so I find myself at home a lot during the day still feeling the need to be productive. I have started a few art projects that I'd like to share. A few pictures today of the before side, and when I finish I'll make sure I put up some pictures of my masterpieces (ha!)

To continue the theme of fine arts, I am listening to some new music lately. Mostly, I go to Pandora.com, a radio station online pointed out to me by a friend I miss very much, Devon Simmons! :) The artist I am into right now is Adele (pronounced Uh-Dell, emphasis on the dell). She has a very jazzy new sound that I love...kind of the inspiration, I think, for Megan Joy Corkrey on American Idol this season. If you get time during your work day, tune into Pandora.com and check out Adele (the way pandora works is you put in an artist or song and it brings you a station that plays music that is similar in tone and style...you can then click "thumbs up or thumbs down" and it will filter the rest of the music based on your likes and dislikes). Also on the playlist for Adele that I like is Corinne Bailey Rae, India Arie, Lauryn Hill, Amy Winehouse, etc.

No comments: