Stay tuned for:

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Rescue


A few weeks ago, Jennifer Mitchell and I went to see a movie that I had heard people talking about, but had not seen. The prequel to this film is called Invisible Children, depicting 3 young guys who took a trip over to South Africa expecting an adventure but not knowing what they'd find. The movie we saw, The Rescue, is a continuation of what these guys found...3000 children soldiers taken captive and made to fight and kill under the name of Joseph Kony. The next film, the one we actually just viewed, is called The Rescue, which outlines a course of action for all those who are interested in seeing justice served. I could tell you about it, but I wouldn't really do it justice (it's a really bad pun, I know). It is a really cool idea and it's worth hearing. And, even if you're like me and don't think you could do what they're suggesting...there are other ways to help, and it starts with what I'm doing now...raising awareness. If you don't do anything else, just go to their website and watch the short film on The rescue plan. I promise it'll compel you to do at least what I'm doing :)

www.invisiblechildren.com
therescue.invisiblechildren.com

From their website:
Invisible Children is a social, political and global movement using the
transformative power of story to change lives. By inspiring youth culture to
value creativity, idealism and sacrifice, the movement fuels the most
effective, adaptable and innovative programs in the world.

No comments: