Stay tuned for:

Monday, March 16, 2009

Re-commitment


I have to admit -- I am a terrible blogger. It's not that I don't have anything to write about, because we sure stay busy! It's just that I rarely take the time to write about it...but that, hopefully, is going to change! I love our life, our church, our ministry, our dog (sometimes), and everything about the life that God has blessed us with...and I want to share it! So, here's me saying that I am going to try to do much better about blogging everyday (shew, that's a hard commitment to make!).

Today's topic: catch up!
Since I last blogged back in January at the end of BREATHE weekend, our students have stayed on fire and committed to growing in their walks with Christ. It has been such a blessing just to know them and be a part of their lives. They make me laugh, but also fill me with such a sense of pride to be with them on this journey of following Christ. We've been studying Colossians 3:12 in a series entitled LIVE LOVE LOUD which will culminate this Wednesday followed by a service project scheduled for March 28th. The students will be going to a local middle school to do a clean-up project for the day. It is awesome to see how excited they are to live out what they've been learning about compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience!

I am still substitute teaching as much as I can, hoping that a Spanish position will open up somewhere for next year! Subbing is a lot of fun and provides some great variety, but it's hard some days to keep doing it!

I just found out that my older brother, Chris, will be coming to visit April 22nd and I am so excited! Now, I just need ideas on fun things that we can do when he gets here!

A sweet couple from our church gave me a set of women's golf clubs that they didn't want anymore and I am so excited to learn and start playing with Aaron. We are constantly looking for things to do together other than being couch potatoes, and last Thursday we went for the first time to the driving range. I did pretty well, but I am concentrating on learning the correct form for hitting the ball...it is going to take a little longer than I thought! It is definitely something fun for both of us to enjoy together, so I am willing to push through the soreness and practice!

Finally, something that I am very interested in right now is saving money (aren't we all?). I learned that a website (www.southernsavers.com) provides you with the specials at most local grocery stores as well as their specific policies on stacking coupons, etc. I am going to try this out, but if any of you have other ways that you save on groceries and other necessities, let me know!

1 comment:

Lori Reynolds said...

I love Southern Savers. Let me know if you are on google reader, I will share some other great websites with you. Lori